Friday, January 8, 2010

Pore reducing products that work? anyone with experience on this?

i read on this forum that oatmeal and honey work wonders...how do you go about preparing this %26quot;mask%26quot; in what portions? how often should you do it? i also read about alpha hydroxy creams that work well by peeling the layer of skin exposing new cells underneath hence, minimzing scars, blemishes and enlarged pores...has anyone used products from let%26#039;s say: aveeno? oil of olay? neutragena? only answers that have worked please! thanks


i also read about castor oil to increase the thickness of eyelashes...how true is that? isnt it dangerous to use anything on the eye? i tried olive oil but it stings a bit...any suggestions? thanks!|||Nothing can actually reduce your pore size - that%26#039;s hereditary. What products actually do is temporarily irritate the skin so that it swells slightly making the pores appear smaller. Plain old witch hazel or rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball will do the same thing. (Look at the ingredients on the more expensive products and you will see one or both of them are in there.) Just be careful not to get it in your eyes or on any mucous membrane





If you use alpha hydroxy remember that it will make your skin photosensitive which means you will be affected by sunlight faster and more severely than you normally would be.





As for your eyelashes, again, that is hereditary and there isn%26#039;t anything you can do to actually make them longer or thicker - only to APPEAR longer or thicker with cosmetics.





Final word: I wouldn%26#039;t apply any oil to my eyelashes. It isn%26#039;t sanitary. It%26#039;s probably not a good idea in general.|||You%26#039;re welcome.





I think with many products it isn%26#039;t so much that the product works, but that by using it every day you are actually pay more attention to your skin and that%26#039;s what is actually making the difference.





I Report Abuse
|||I love Clinique... the soap, the toner and the lotion keeps my skin clear and its affordable! I bought a heated pore minimizer mask by clinique...I like it because it feels good when it heats up. I have used Neutrogenas 5 minute blackhead mask and I love it. I love Oil of Olays face %26amp; eye serum because it moisturizes but its light. Alpha Hydroxy products always burn the heck out of my face but I have sensitive skin. To increase the thickness of eyelashes use a primer and then apply mascra...Oh yeah in my experience homemade oatmeal masks are a mess to make, apply %26amp; clean up after!!!!|||i personally like mud masks that local stores sell! try that~

No comments:

Post a Comment