Friday, January 8, 2010

Can laser shrink pore size permanently?

I%26#039;m getting tired of seeing all the pores that appear on my nose every time I look at the mirror and especially when the oil makes the size of pores expand. I just wonder whether laser really work on shrinking pores%26#039; size. I know that right now laser is pretty popular in many places in Asia, and the doctors over there said that there is no highly risk to do the laser.|||I have large pores as well, primarily on my nose too. I%26#039;m in my mid-twenties and it%26#039;s been getting worse every year as I get older. I%26#039;ve been in a bit of a panic to find a solution as I watch my pores get bigger and bigger. It%26#039;s very frustrating!





Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do (until technology advances) to actually shrink your pores. Pores are a natural feature of your skin, and their size is determined by many things... skin type, genetics, etc.





Laser treatment may smooth the texture of your skin a bit, but the pores will still be there-- smoother and flatter, but possibly wider too. Some people complain that their pores actually look worse (larger) after laser treatment. Just try searching the web for pictures of pores before %26amp; after laser treatment. You won%26#039;t find anything convincing. Laser treats redness and pigmentation and skin texture and hair and veins but you won%26#039;t find any clear evidence (photos) of it%26#039;s effectiveness on pore size because it%26#039;s just not possible-- The laser can%26#039;t eliminate your pores.





What we can do is minimize the LOOK of pores using cosmetics, just like all the stars do. Everyone has pores, some of us just hide them better than others. I%26#039;ve recently been experimenting with different mattifiers and foundation primers on my skin, and have a few that I like, although I still want to shop around.





Almay makes a %26quot;Pore Minimizer%26quot; that works pretty good. H20+ makes a %26quot;Shine Control Mattifying Essence%26quot; that works awesome. Both products (and the others out there like it) are creamy/sticky substances that fill in and smooth over your pores to eliminate the textured effect on your skin. You%26#039;ll still see the pores but they look %26quot;blurred%26quot; over. It%26#039;s like eliminating them by 70% or so. I don%26#039;t apply ANY makeup with it. Just apply and leave as-is. These type of products have built-in shine control so you%26#039;ll be all set. Good luck!|||He is wrong Report Abuse
|||Of course it can, it can shrink your whole damned head if it%26#039;s a strong enough laser !

No comments:

Post a Comment